Invisalign® Clear Braces – Newton, MA
Straighten Your Smile with Ultimate Confidence
As an adult, you may feel like you’ve missed your chance for orthodontics. Traditional braces come with metal brackets and wires that are not only noticeable but also irritating. Thankfully, Dr. Gretchen Anjomi offers a more comfortable and aesthetically pleasing solution: Invisalign clear braces! By choosing this treatment, you can achieve the grin of your dreams all while smiling with confidence in your day to day life. Keep reading to learn more about Invisalign in Newton as well as some of its benefits.
Why Choose Newton Corner Dental Care for Invisalign?
- Experienced Dentist & Staff
- Certified Invisalign® Provider
- State-of-the-Art Dental Office
The Invisalign Process
Invisalign utilizes a series of clear aligners to gradually shift your teeth into place. After we have decided that Invisalign is right for you, you’ll visit our office for your first appointment. We will take impressions of your smile, which are used to create your Invisalign aligners. Once your aligning trays are made, you’ll wear each one for about 2 weeks. It’s vital that you wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day to remain on schedule with treatment. After a few weeks, you’ll move on to the next set of trays in the series! Dr. Anjomi will invite you to come in for check-in appointments every 6 to 8 weeks so she can ensure that your treatment is successful and make any adjustments if necessary.
Candidates for Invisalign Clear Braces
If you’re wondering whether or not Invisalign is right for you, the best way to know is to visit our office for a consultation. Dr. Anjomi will carefully examine your teeth, your bite, and the condition of your overall health before developing your personalized treatment plan. Typically, patients who want a more discreet orthodontic option and have mild to moderate misalignment can benefit from Invisalign. However, traditional braces may be required if you have a severe overbite, underbite, or crossbite.
The Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
We offer Invisalign because of its many advantages, including:
- Comfort: Made of smooth plastic, Invisalign eliminates the possibility of metal brackets and wires irritating your mouth.
- Appearance: Invisalign is designed to be virtually Invisible while wearing the aligners, allowing you to smile with confidence in any social or professional setting.
- Lifestyle: Completely removeable, Invisalign doesn’t require you to alter your diet or lifestyle. Just be sure that you’re keeping your aligners clean!
- Speed: Invisalign typically takes between 8 and 16 months, which is shorter than traditional braces that require around 2 years on average.
Are you ready to start enjoying the benefits of Invisalign? Contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Anjomi and take your first step toward a beautifully straight set of teeth!
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
The cost of Invisalign in Newton is in the same ballpark as other orthodontic treatment options, including most professional clear aligner systems and traditional braces. The exact price depends on numerous factors. We will be happy to provide you with a personalized estimate when you visit us for your FREE Invisalign consultation. Ask us about our convenient payment options so we can help you fit your new smile into your budget.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
Some of the factors that affect the cost of Invisalign include:
- The severity of your dental misalignment. Addressing a moderate to severe case will take longer and may require more orthodontic accessories than correcting issues that are primarily cosmetic.
- The number of aligners you need. If you ever accidentally lose an aligner, you may have to pay to get it replaced.
- Whether you are straightening one arch or both. In the majority of cases, it costs less to straighten either the lower or upper teeth, rather than straightening both dental arches.
Invisalign vs. SmileDirectClub™: Which Costs More?
SmileDirectClub is a popular DIY orthodontic treatment. Like Invisalign, it also uses clear aligners to apply gentle pressure to the teeth. Many people use it because it has a relatively low cost. In fact, it may cost just $2,000 or so, while the most complex Invisalign cases may cost thousands of dollars more than that.
But before you commit to SmileDirectClub, you have to think about what exactly you are paying for. With Invisalign in Newton, you are paying for aligners that are made out of patented material that is engineered for precise tooth movements, while SmileDirectClub uses regular plastic. Additionally, Invisalign includes periodic checkups with our dental team. We will carefully monitor your progress and be available to address any questions or concerns you may have. With SmileDirectClub and similar DIY systems, there is a much higher risk that something will go wrong with your treatment and you will not get the results you want.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
You will have to check your unique dental policy to find out how it applies to orthodontic treatments. Some plans have a once-in-a-lifetime provision for braces or clear aligners; they might cover half the cost of Invisalign, up to the plan’s orthodontic spending limit. Our team will help you navigate your insurance benefits and use them in a way that keeps your out-of-pocket expenses as low as possible.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
Beyond insurance, there are a few provisions that might help you afford Invisalign:
- FSAs and HSAs. If you have either of these types of accounts, you may be able to use those funds to pay for orthodontic treatment.
- A FREE consultation. Some practices charge hundreds of dollars for a consultation, but with us, you can take the first step toward a straighter smile for nothing out of pocket.
- We accept payment from CareCredit, a third-party lender that offers low-interest payment plans for qualifying patients.
Would you like to learn more about Invisalign and how you may be able to afford it? Contact us today to schedule your consultation. We look forward to serving you as your Invisalign dentist in Newton!
If you want to straighten your smile with ultimate confidence, Invisalign in Newton is the clear choice. However, it’s likely that you have a few questions that need answering before you’re ready to commit to a treatment plan. During your initial consultation, we’ll walk you through the entire process step by step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect. In the meantime, we invite you to look over the following FAQs to learn more about Invisalign!
Am I Too Old for Invisalign?
Many people associate orthodontic treatment with the teenage years. However, you’re never too old to get a straighter smile! As long as you have good oral health, there is no upper age limit for Invisalign. In fact, these clear aligners are an excellent choice for busy parents, professionals, and other adults who don’t want to deal with a distracting and uncomfortable mouth full of metal wires and brackets. If you have tooth decay or gum disease, Dr. Anjomi will help you get your oral health back on track so you can be a candidate for Invisalign.
Does Wearing Invisalign Aligners Hurt?
Invisalign aligners are completely smooth, so you won’t have to worry about hurting your lips, tongue, or cheeks. However, any method of moving your teeth into different positions is bound to cause some discomfort. It’s normal to experience some dental discomfort right after starting a new set of aligners, but it should be mild and fade on its own within a few days. To help speed up the process, try eating or drinking cold things to numb your mouth and ease inflammation. You can also take over-the-counter pain relievers according to their directions. Many Invisalign patients report that starting a new set of aligners right before bed allows you to sleep through a lot of the initial discomfort.
What Foods Do I Have to Avoid During Invisalign Treatment?
None! You don’t have to change your diet at all during your Invisalign treatment. Simply take your aligners out before enjoying your snack or meal, then give your teeth a quick brush before popping them back into place. As long as your aligners don’t come into contact with any foods or drinks (except for water), you can continue to enjoy all your favorite snacks and beverages.
How Do I Keep My Invisalign Aligners Clean?
Since Invisalign aligners are removable, it’s easy to keep them and your smile clean:
- Rinse your aligners out every morning, evening, and any time you take them out of your mouth.
- Brush and floss twice a day and brush your teeth before putting your aligners back in after eating or drinking.
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush and an Invisalign cleaning solution to clean your aligners daily.
Are Invisalign Results Permanent?
You can keep the straighter smile you get with Invisalign for life as long as you take care of it. Once you finish your Invisalign treatment, you’ll need to wear a custom retainer for a while. The retainer holds your teeth in the proper places while your jawbone continues to heal and strengthen around their roots. Neglecting to wear your retainer could allow your teeth to drift out of alignment again. We’ll give you specific instructions on how often to wear your retainer in order to keep your results for life!